Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gluten Free Tempura Sweet and Sour Chicken


Well as we are at a stage of eating Gluten Free because of my daughter's friend that lives with us cannot eat anything with Gluten. It is an adjustment but here is a recipe that is good.

Tempura Recipe:
2 cups of Rice Flour
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups of very cold water

Mix all ingredients throughly.

I used this with chicken but you can even do fruit with it. So next time I'll make it with bananas.
I cut the chicken in cubes and put in the tempura batter. Mixed all together to be coated. Dropped in hot Canola Oil.

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1/3 cup Vinegar
4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Ketchup
1 teaspoon gf soya sauce
2 teaspoons corn starch mixed with 4 teaspoons of water

Boil first 4 ingredients then add corn starch to thicken.

This is really good I hope you all enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment